Most wallets support all functions needed for the token creation and distribution.
The process is really straightforward.
- Create two account keypairs: the issuing and holder accounts.
- Fund both accounts, send 1.5 XLM to issuing account and 3 XLM to the holder account.
- Login to the holder account from any wallet and create a trustline to your issuing account. Asset code:
COOLTOKEN, issuer account:
- Issue some tokens. Use Stellar Laboratory or wallet that supports asset creation. In order to issue a token you just need to send tokens from the issuer to the holder account. So transfer 1000
COOLTOKENs to the account
PUBLIC_KEY_OF_THE_HOLDER_ACCOUNT. That's it, you have issued 1000
- Now you are ready to distribute your token. Login to the holder wallet and make an offer on the Stellar Decentralized Exchange through the wallet interface (most wallets support this function). Let's sell 100
COOLTOKENs for 1000 XLM each. From that moment anyone who owns a Stellar account can purchase your token.
All mentioned operations can be executed using the Stellar Laboratory interface, or directly from the code, using the SDK for you preferred language.
If you wish to sell your tokens for other coins, you should contact exchanges in order to get your token listed. Bifrost is another option which allows you to sell your token for ETH.
In order to confirm the account ownership, make sure to set up
home_domain for your accounts and provide metadata for your new asset in
stellar.toml. You can also list your issuer and distribution accounts on StellarExpert Directory.